Duke’s Secondary School seeks to create a community in which everyone without exception is respected, valued and happy. The School’s uniform policy makes an invaluable contribution to this by:
- Contributing to a sense of community identity;
- Supporting high standards of leadership, behaviour and dress;
- Instilling respect amongst learners for themselves and others;
All pupils are expected to take pride in their appearance, including their dress, and in their school. As such they are expected to wear the correct uniform at all times.
Key Stage 3 and 4 (Years 7 to 11)
School uniform will be worn as follows:
- A black blazer with Duke’s School embroidered badge (pupils in all years)
- Optional: a black v-neck jumper with Duke’s School embroidered badge
- A white shirt with top button.
- A Duke’s School tie for the appropriate House
- Black smart trousers / skirt (Not denim, no leggings, no tight fitting trousers)
- Black or flesh coloured tights / Black or white socks – no trainer socks, there must be no gap between socks and trousers.
- Black leather (or leather look) shoes (No trainers, plimsolls or boots)
PE Kit will be worn as follows:
- Duke’s School or plain black tracksuit bottoms / shorts
- Duke’s School black and red sports top
- Optional: Duke’s School black and red hoodie with, with optional initials
- White or black socks
- Trainers (no metal studs)
- Black bobble for hair
Key Stage 5 (Years 12 and 13)
Dress code for Duke’s Sixth Form students is smart business wear encompassing any of the following:
- Smart trousers / skirt
- Shirts / blouses may be of any colour.
- Ties are required for male students.
- Smart cardigans / jumpers may be worn.
- Smart shoes
- No outdoor coats can be worn around school. A smart blazer style jacket is the only acceptable jacket to be worn around school.
- Some course / work-related clothing may be required in vocational or practical subjects.
Duke’s Secondary School “badged” uniform items are available from our supplier, Michael Sehgal & Sons. Other items of uniform without the School badge are available from various shops at a reasonable cost.
To order from the Online Uniform shop, please click here.
Michael Sehgal & Sons contact details
Michael Sehgal & Sons
28-40 Scotswood Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Monday to Saturday, 10am-5pm (Please note, opening hours may vary due to Covid-19 restrictions)
0191 230 2320
Following consultation with parents and carers in February 2019, our updated uniform policy can be found within the Policies hub on our website under ‘Key Info’.