Summer School week commencing Monday 19 July 2021
This July we are hosting a Year 7 transition summer school which is going to be an action packed week full of fun activities for your child to take part in. The aim of summer school is for learners to familiarise themselves with the Duke’s campus and meet some of the staff. It will also be an excellent opportunity to learn some new skills and meet their peers before joining us in September. There will be prizes for learners to win throughout the week.
The week will involve sessions such as:
- Newcastle United Foundation – team building session.
- Newcastle Falcons – team building session.
- Newcastle Eagles – team building session.
- Animation – learn how to create a short animation show.
- Pottery – Make your own ceramic piece which will be available to collect in September.
- Cookery –
- The Rock Showman – an animated talk about the mining industry with hands-on specimen handling
- Circus skills – children have the opportunity to learn 6 circus skills in 1 hour
- Discovery museum – Students make air-powered cars in teams to test and improve to win
A packed lunch will be provided by Duke’s. Children need to bring their own water bottles which can be filled throughout the day. Children should dress in casual clothes and trainers. Some of the activities are outside so students must be dressed appropriately. Warm and waterproof clothing are essential and sun cream may be needed depending on the weather. Each child will be receive a PE t-shirt to wear for the event. Please could you state on the consent form which size you will need for your child.
If anyone has any questions about Duke’s summer school programme, please contact Mrs A Mitcheson on 01670 816111 ext. 358 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMER SCHOOL IS HERE!!!!
Check out your timetable now – Mrs Mitcheson will tell you, your group on Monday 19th July.
SUMMER SCHOOL OVER, HERE IS SOME OF OUR HIGHLIGHTS
That’s not all…
There are lots of fully-funded programmes running throughout the summer holidays for children and young people of all ages to enable them to take part in enrichment activities including sport, music, dance, drama, art, cookery and gardening plus much more! See the flyer and letter below for more information.
Programmes for SEND families
There are also a wide range of activities on offer specifically aimed at children and young people with special education needs and disabilities. Find out more in the IASS newsletter below.